Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Reflection

It's weird being home. In ways it's like I never left, but at the same time it's like I need more to do! I got so use to being extremely busy, and now that I'm home and can relax, I don't know what to do with myself! Joe and I have been spending a lot of quality time together, and that's been a great thing for us. We're going to a marriage seminar this weekend that's free for all military personnel and I'm very excited. Joe and Mom fixed up/remodeled my house and it looks amazing! One friend even commented "It looks like a grown ups house! Not that it didn't before, but now it really looks like we're out of college." I thought that was hilarious;)

I'm happy to be home. Really I am. However, I'd do it all over again. God got me through a very hard time in life, and I'm so grateful for it. In ways it seems like a dream now. I can still picture climbing the 100+ steps, the .75 mile walk along the water, the crazy chow hall, making a crusty old sergeant laugh, learning from people with 10+ years of experience above me yet I was their supervisor, telling 2 star Generals what I thought should be done... WOW! After seeing where everyone else was stationed over there, and their jobs, I couldn't have asked for a better one. As much as I'd like to deploy again, I don't think that any deployment could be as good as this one was.

Thank you all again so much for your support. I received more packages and letters than anyone else in my office. Because of your generosity, I was able to share with others and make their day that much better!