A lot has been happening lately, yet it also seems like nothing has been happening b/c it’s not stressful.
Yesterday I got an award from General Carlson for being on his briefing team for 3.5 months. I had a lot of fun doing that and it was a great learning opportunity.
Today I completed the first session of Arabic. I guess it is doable for me to learn it, but then again, it was only the first lesson outta I don’t know how many! “cah-ta” is cat, so it’s similar in a way I guess.
Later today I get to have the small pox vaccination and I don’t want it at all, but don’t have a choice if I’m supposed to deploy. Speaking of which, my grade waiver came in, so I’m for sure going now. It was iffy for awhile, but now it’s definitely a go. God is in control, so I guess I’ll see what happens.
People have been asking me what I want while on deployment, and as I want to steer clear of junk food, health/granola bars sound pretty good right now. I want something to entertain my mind too in my “free time” such as mystery books/encouraging types of books. Christian CDs would be great too since I’m sure I won’t have any Christian radio stations!