Saturday, August 18, 2007

Last blog for awhile...

I'm finally on my way home and this will be my last post before leaving. I owe the success of this deployment to God, Joe, family and friends. A few people now have asked me how I did it - staying positive the entire time. Well, the main reason for that is God. There is no other way to explain the peace and joy that I've been able to achieve while here. Yes I've missed family/friends tremendously, but I've learned to love the people that I've worked with out here and had a blast. It's been hot, dangerous, monotonous, long, draining, and despairing at times, but I've chosen not to express those things while out here b/c it wouldn't have changed a thing. All I ask is that you give God the credit for the joy that you've seen coming from me. Without Him, I am nothing but another human doomed for failure on my own.

I must say, now I'm a little scared to leave. I've come to expect meals and laundry to be done for me. I know what to expect every day at work b/c it's always the same, 7 days a week. It'll be strange going back home, and thinking about what I want to make for a meal. I'll get weekends off again. I'll have to dress myself (ok other than a uniform for once). I never imagined that I would learn this much in 6 months. I truly feel like a more confident officer, even if I am "just a LT." I was able to brief Generals, lead people my parents' age, and make decisions that would impact people's lives forever. I used to ask God to use me when I grew up to do something important. I smile now when I think about that request, b/c He has definitely done that and way more than I expected!

Thank you all again for your prayers, encouragement, packages, letters, emails, and more prayers:) You've all done more than you know for me and the troops still here!