Tuesday, January 09, 2007

checklist stuff

Today I got my shots: typhoid on the right arm and smallpox on the left. My right arm is killing me, and my left should start in a week or so, and then turn into a scab that will fall off later and leave a scar that looks like a big chicken pox scar (they stopped giving this vaccination to most people in the early 80's). Then I had a gas mask fit test which is where a machine was hooked up to my gas mask to make sure that it fit correctly. It was kinda weird b/c I had to breathe in the mask normally, really deep, while turning my head from side to side, and then while wiggling my jaw.

In addition to checklist stuff, I've been working on applying to Troy University to work on a Master's in Public Adminstration. They're all online classes, so I can work on it while gone too, so that's exciting. I take the GRE on Feb 1st, so I'm going to start studying for that while I'm in Florida for training Jan 17-26. Anybody have any ideas of things to do while I'm there by myself? I plan on going to see my Gma, and a friend from school, but other than that I don't have anything to do...