I’m down in Florida right now for training and things are going well here. I am almost done and it’s been fun learning how to work with the other branches of the military. When I first got here I was rather intimidated by it all, but now I’m just in awe of what the military has been able to accomplish thus far and continues to do. Every organization has its problems and lots of people think they have a better way to do things. It’s just been very impressive to me to watch different organizations learn to work together, make changes, go all over the world, and keep adjusting with the times. I really am glad to be in the military though. With my little degree in Psychology, I wouldn’t be doing much with my life at this point anyways, so it’s been a great eye opener to be in the military. I still wake up in amazement that I did it – that I really went through college for 4 years and then joined the Air Force. I’m trying to start my master’s now, and that’s been a pain b/c I have to figure out where the money is coming from, what I really want one in, if I want the military to help pay for it (b/c then I owe more years), and if I have time for that on top of deployment. But I’ve been told that while deployed I would have time to work on one when my shift is over every day. So this all has me thinking quite a bit.
I continually meet people who make me grateful for what I have. Today I met an Army Captain who will be deployed soon for approximately 18 months. Here I’ve been kinda bummed that mine is 6, rather than the traditional 4, but life is good! Plus all I’m really missing is summer, and who needs nice weather and relaxation anyways? I’ll get to see palm trees where I’m going, so it’ll almost be like a resort place HAH! I am so blessed by God that sometimes I can’t even comprehend it all. I don’t have to worry about where I’m going at any point b/c God will protect me, or chose to take me home. Either way, things will be just fine!