Today was rather difficult. I'm almost at the 1/2 way mark, and the rose colored glasses have fallen off. With new rank comes more responsibility, and I'm making a little headway, but it's tougher than I anticipated. I figured that a Lt is a Lt regardless of a 1 or 2 in front of the rank. hahah! Sure there's not a huge difference, but I'm seeing subtle things and I do look forward to the challenge. My 1/2 day got cut short due to some work emergencies, but it's nice to be needed at the same time. I just wanted another hour of sleep lol!
In the midst of panic and war - "The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall." (Psalms 27:1-2)
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement - I don't know how people w/o support systems back home make it over here!