Monday, March 12, 2007

Food for the Soul!

Work is still going well. I’m learning a lot, and just when I think I’ve got it, I realize I forgot something… My coworkers are very patient though, so that’s been a Godsend. I’m learning the “unspoken rules” that need to exist between myself and the people I supervise. Such as I was told last night that I need to be addressed by my rank and name, or just “L-T” is fine, but apparently people were calling me “Lieutenant Kate.” I hadn’t even noticed, but my boss mentioned that there needs to be more of a professional level at work. Those Navy people have much higher standards than AF! I guess it’s a good thing though because all the people I supervise are like my parents ages – such a weird thing for me. But they’re all cool about it and I have a senior guy that helps keep things working.
I got to go to church yesterday too at another part of the base. That was great! I walked in, and in the foyer there was a black (and dusty) leather couch. It’s the first couch I’ve seen in a month and even though it’s a silly couch, it made me think of home and church, and was so comforting to be there. I met a lot of senior ranking people too, and while at church, they all insist that you call them by their first names! That’s weird!!!! Of course it all changes when back at work, but it was a nice break from the usual routine. I took 2 girls with me from work too, and I helped one of them find the pages in the Bible as we flipped around, and I realized how much I take my knowledge of the Bible for granted. I appreciate my Christian education so much, and even though I know more than some people, I always feel like I have SOOO much more to learn! Praise God for his patience with us all!