This morning I ran 6 miles with one of the guys here. I’ve never run that far in one setting, and didn’t know if I’d be able to do it. It was a lot of fun and I felt a great sense of achievement when we finished. On Wednesday we’re going to start running with some of the Marines here – now that’s going to be a challenge! Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a lot of free time over here. I've been sacrificing sleep and personal time to go run:)
My Grandparents in Harrison have horses, and just had some new colts born. Man I wish I could go up there and see them – I love animals and besides family and friends, that’s what I miss most. We see the K-9 units occasionally, and they let me pet their dog once, but there’s just something about having a dog/cat around… We need a cat in the palace b/c there are rats that run around at night. They come and steal food off of people’s desks! One day my boss came in and it looked like a human had taken a bite out of his apple. Well, then he started looking around and realized that it was actually a rat b/c there were pieces of the peel laying around too!