This holiday was tough in the fact that I missed home and BBQs, but at the same time, it was just another day at work. It didn't feel like a holiday, until I saw the red, white, and blue decorations at the chow hall. I called home, and my family wasn't doing much, so I felt a little better knowing that I wasn't missing anything there but work haha! For those of you who don't know, my parents are workaholics; from their farm, to their banquet center, they never stop!
Joe's doing really well. He's taking one math class this summer, and right now he's in Kentucky helping with a missions trip. They're building a barn and Joe is one of the main leads for the project. His dad use to be in the construction business, so that training has come in very handy!
Oh, great news - I got my "letter of release" yesterday. That means that I am not getting extended and get to head home in August. I'm really excited, as right now everything is a win win situation. I like my job here, but I'm also going to be very happy to be home again. I'll actually get to pick out what I want to wear every day again haha! Actually I like wearing uniforms b/c it saves me the headache of picking... but I definitely miss home made food and being able to make things myself. This grilled chicken over here is getting old, but I can't complain b/c at least they have it and I don't have to eat the fatty cheeseburgers, frankfurts, mac and cheese, ravioli, lasagna and things like that. It's no wonder few people are able to lose weight here! Don't get me wrong, the food is decent, but I've looked at the calorie content, and most of those things have over 500 calories in the serving sizes that they pass out and the soldiers have no clue! I'll stick to my 150-200 calorie chicken:)