Thursday, July 19, 2007

End in Sight!

I can't get too specific, as this is a blog, however, I can see the finish line finally. Before I forget to mention it, the last day to send me mail is August 5th. I'd hate to not get something that you send over here! Or, if you don't care if I or a coworker get the package, well then you can just send it whenever:)

Work has been very interesting as of late... I had to fire a girl a few days ago and that was really hard. She's a civilian contractor, and I'm military. Yet the way it works is that the military pays contracting companies to find someone to come out here and fill the short falls. Since she wasn't cutting it, we told her civilian manager to move her on out! It ended well after a long talk, and hopefully she can do better at her next job.

Many people have commented on how positive I am on this blog that it makes them want to deploy. I give God all the credit! I can tell that people are praying for me over here b/c there are times that I would have given up by now if it weren't for God. It's been quite the stretch for me here b/c I'm 24 years old, and I have a boss that has children my age, yet we're working side by side, and his boss has a military ID card older than I am... So I have quite the shoes to fill here too. I would prefer to never deploy again b/c I don't want to leave Joe anymore. However, I'd do it all over again, just to say I did it and come back with the great memories and experience that I now have.