Yesterday was a really hard day. I had to give feedback... When you have people working for you that are great at their job, love what they do, get a long with everyone, then it's easy. That's the case of most people that work for me. For the other people, it's not so easy and after one person's in particular, I really felt beat up. Some people just don't understand the concept of "constructive" criticism and trying to help them improve. I was dreading doing the counseling all day and I was so stressed that I felt like someone had beat me on the shoulders with a baseball bat! At least I only have to do it for one more month before I'm outta here!
Everything else is going really well though. I'm running almost every day, still learning, and finallly starting to make some real changes in the processes at work. It's one thing to know that changes need to be made, it's another to ask the tough questions, find the right people who can help, and make them. I've noticed here that some of the work that we do is duplicated, and I'm trying to "share" the wealth, not hold on to it so that my office can get the credit. Too many organizations do that, and I dislike that very much. I'm all about sharing, improving, and helping us all achieve the best end results possible. So I've been meeting with various organizations around base to see how we can work better as a team. I've just barely scratched the surface of all the different companies and things around here that people do. Way more than I could learn in 6 months here, but it's still fun to learn anyways!